Contributor terms and conditions for Cambridgeshire.net
Organisations will be added to Cambridgeshire.net if they are based in Cambridgeshire or neighbouring districts.
The intention of this website is not to specifically publicise businesses but rather to provide a picture of community-based organisations. However, if we deem it appropriate to do so we will include selected businesses on the basis that they represent a significant contribution to the community.
Where there is no Cambridgeshire contact or representation, links to relevant regional or national organisations will be considered.
As a representative of an Organisation, you must:
1. Provide true, accurate, up to date and complete information about your organisation.
2. Ensure that the information about your organisation is kept up to date and to respond to communications from us within the deadlines given.
3. Obtain consent from other members and officials of your organisation, in order for their details to be published on the Internet and in hardcopy directories.
4. Ensure that your email is properly configured to enable us to correspond with you i.e. ensure that the spam filter on your email is set to allow email from firstname.lastname@example.org. Note this only applies if you are an email user.
Obtain consent from any individuals who are identifiable in images or videos that you make available through Cambridgeshire.net.
You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to the website any material:
1. that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, seditious, offensive, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence or in breach of privacy,
2. for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals,
3. which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law or infringe the rights of any third party,
4. which is technically harmful (including without limitation computer viruses, trojan horses, worms, harmful components, or other malicious software or harmful data).
We reserve the right to make editorial changes to the information submitted, to remove typing errors and to improve clarity.
We reserve the right to delete any records that are not updated as instructed in correspondence, and to suspend any organisation that submits demonstrably untrue information.
Furthermore, if you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date, or we have reasonable grounds to suspect that this is the case, we have the right to remove or amend it.
Cambridgeshire.net reserves the right to refuse or delete any organisation which it has reason to believe contravenes UK law, or where evidence is provided to that effect.
Disclosure and Copyright
Your Contributor Details (the contact details which we use to manage our relationship with you) are covered by the Data Protection Act. Such data will only be used for the purposes in which it was collected and, as such, will not be sold or distributed in any manner which would contravene your rights in the Act.
You acknowledge and agree that you own and have copyright in the information which you provide and that you assign such copyright to Cambridgeshire.net.
If you do not have copyright in the information you confirm that you have satisfied yourself that you have the permission of the copyright holder to provide the information to the site and that they agree that it may be distributed as detailed below.
Other than your Contributor Details, any material which you transmit (either in writing or electronically) to this website shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. We will have no obligations with respect to such material. We are free to copy, disclose, distribute, share, incorporate or otherwise use such material and all data, images, sounds, text and other things embodied for any and all commercial and non commercial purposes. You acknowledge and agree that we may share data provided by you.
You acknowledge and agree that we may disclose any information provided by you if required to do so by law, or in good faith believe that any such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process.
Where Cambridgeshire.net data is re-used, re-users are asked to do this under the terms of the Open Government Licence.
We may revise these terms at any time by updating this posting. You should check the website from time to time to review the then current terms because they are binding on you.
Cambridgeshire County Council, December 2011